Phone : +91 22 4019 1000
Additional Links :
EZ Press Release -- April 20, 2010 Jet Airways, India's premier international airline, was awarded the accolade of ‘Best Indian Airline’ at the prestigious Business Traveller Awards, on Monday September 21st, 2009 at a star-studded ceremony in London's Hilton on Park Lane.
This year's awards were presented by British adventurer Sir Ranulph Fiennes, who conquered Mount Everest earlier this year at the age of 65. Nearly 450 industry leaders were present at this special event.
Co-sponsored by the Global Hotel Alliance and American Express, the Business Traveller Awards are voted for by readers of the magazine. Widely accepted and recognised as the market’s benchmark for excellence, the results of the Business Traveller Awards are authenticated by means of an independent audit.
In a separate survey, 83 per cent of the Business Traveller respondents said that developing personal relationships was still the most important element of doing business, in service industries.
Jet Airways has the distinction of having won accolades in the past which include: ‘Airline with Best First-Class Service in the World’, by readers of the prestigious Business Traveler magazine, at the 20th Annual ‘Best in Business Travel’ Awards, on December 11, 2008, in Los Angeles, USA, and was voted one of the Top Three Airlines of the World by the Conde Nast Traveller readers’ poll, in New York.
Said Mr. Wolfgang Prock-Schauer, CEO, Jet Airways " We are naturally delighted on being conferred with the title of being the "Best Indian Airline" at the prestigeous Business Traveller Awards ceremony, and would like express our thanks and gratitude to the readers' of the Business Traveller magazine for their appreciation of our services”
Jet Airways currently operates a fleet of 84 aircraft, which includes 10 Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft, 12 Airbus A330-200 aircraft, 48 next generation Boeing 737-700/800/900 aircraft and 14 modern ATR 72-500 turboprop aircraft. With an average fleet age of 4.60 years, the airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleet in the world.
Flights to 63 destinations span the length and breadth of India and beyond, including New York (both JFK and Newark), Toronto, Brussels, London (Heathrow), Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, Bangkok, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Jeddah, Sharjah and Riyadh.
Jet Airways and its no-frills Economy Class service Jet Airways Konnect together operate over 365 flights daily.
About Jet Airways Konnect
Jet Airways Konnect is Jet Airways’ no-frills Economy Class service on key domestic routes, designed to meet the needs of the low fare segment.
Jet Airways Konnect links five major metros- Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru and Kolkata - with several destinations across India.
Jet Airways Konnect currently operates over 130 flights daily
JetLite is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jet Airways India Ltd. and was acquired by Jet Airways in April 2007. Positioned as an all-economy airline, JetLite promises to offer value for money fares. JetLite currently operates a fleet of 23 aircraft, which includes 16 Boeing 737 series and 7 Canadian Regional Jets 200 Series. The airline flies to 28 domestic destinations and 2 international destinations (Kathmandu and Colombo), currently operating 115 flights a day, on average.
Jet Airways, with the acquisition of JetLite, and along with its Economy Class Jet Airways Konnect service, today has a combined fleet strength of 107 aircraft and operates over 449 flights daily.
Notes to the Editor:
About Jet Airways’ Première (Business Class):
• Jet Airways’ Première product, installed on the airline’s Airbus A330-200 aircraft, sets new standards in business class travel.
• The new cabin design creates for every Première passenger a virtual living room, a space to work rest or play.
• Featuring a bed length of 73”, widest shoulder space of 35.4” and hip space of 33.1” the seat electronically converts to an enormous 180 degree flat bed with lumbar support and massage systems so Première passengers can rest in unequalled comfort. With a 44” screen between the seats, Première passengers can enjoy an increased level of privacy.
• Absolute state-of-the-art On-Demand Panasonic In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) is available to all Première passengers. Featuring a 15.4 inch flat LCD screen and over two hundred hours of Hollywood and Bollywood moves, international cinema and Indian regional films, television and short programming, the IFE also includes a library of text and audio summaries of over 100 management books. Audio CDs of every imaginable music genre and the Berlitz World Traveller an application that helps teach over twenty foreign languages. Première passengers on Jet Airways are spoilt for choice.
• Première passengers are treated to the finest of in-flight dining and service, including vintage French Champagnes, carefully selected wines from around the world and an overwhelming selection of Indian and International cuisine.
• The Première cabin on the Airbus 330-200 aircraft also sports a unique bar.
About Hong Kong
• The Economy of Hong Kong is said to be the most economically free in the world. It has often been cited by economists such as Milton Friedman as an example of the benefits of laissez-faire capitalism.
• Politics aside, Hong Kong's highly favorable geographical position and inter-port trading opportunities have also been great wealth-generating assets.
• In addition to geographical position, another major natural industrial-commercial asset of Hong Kong has been human resources.
• Hong Kong offers visitors an exciting opportunity for sightseeing and shopping facilities.